STEAKHOUSE BACON COMPOUND BUTTER
Bring the Steakhouse Experience Home
If you're looking to elevate your steak game, we have two essential tips that'll have your home-cooked meal rivaling (or exceeding) that of your favorite steakhouse. The first tip: start with some damn good beef (we've got you covered). The second tip: make this killer, flavor-packed bacon compound butter and let all of that buttery goodness spread its savory self over that perfectly cooked steak. Quick, easy and profound in its impact, this steakhouse butter is a serious game changer if you're aiming to raise the bar on your next steak night.
Read on for the full recipe ⤵️
A compound butter is a simple and highly effective way to bring your steak to next-level, steakhouse flavor.
Combine your compound butter ingredientsL Softened butter, chopped bacon, chives, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper
Heavily salting your steak at least an hour in advance will help draw moisture from the surface, which can be wiped away before cooking (along with the excess salt). This will help your steak develop a beautiful and flavorful crust when seared.
Once the ingredients are combined, wrap your butter mixture in plastic wrap, creating a stick or log shape. Place the wrapped butter in the fridge to allow it to harden.
Once your steak has finished cooking, slice off several tabs of butter to be placed on the steak while it rests.
Place the tabs of compound butter on top of the steak while it rests, allowing the butter to melt over the top of the hot steak.
• Salt your Certified ONYA® New York Strip steak (or the steak of your preference) 1 hour ahead of time and allow it to come to room temp.
• Create compound butter by combining: 1 stick softened unsalted butter, 2 slices of chopped bacon, 2 tbsp chives, 2 tbsp parsley, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
• Place mixture in plastic wrap and roll it into a stick of butter. Place in the fridge or freezer until it hardens
• Wipe excess salt and moisture from steak and add pepper
• Cook steak over direct heat until internal temp reaches 125F
• Rest steak for 15 mins with 2 pieces of sliced compound butter
• Slice and enjoy!
Grab the goods
Shop cuts featured in this recipe