Grilled Tri Tip Steak Nachos
Game Day Appetizer More Exciting than the Game Itself
These loaded steak nachos are sure to be a fan favorite whether you're making them as an appetizer on game day or as a fun meal the whole family will enjoy. Already packed with great flavors and fresh ingredients, the Certified ONYA® Tri Tip serves to push the flavor to the next level. Be sure to save this easy recipe featured below for your next gathering!
Read on for the full recipe ⤵️
Grilled Steak Nachos featuring a Certified OMNYA® Tri Tip make for a fan-favorite game day appetizer
Season your steak with seasoning of your choice. We used a taco seasoning to really bring out that classic steak nachos flavor
Once your steak hits an internal temperature of 115 degrees F, sear it over high heat to give it a flavorful crust. We chose to sear this tri tip directly on the coals. Why? Mostly because it is fun (don't overthink this).
When your tri tip hits an internal temperature of 130-135ºF, slice it against the grain and then into bite size pieces for constructing your nachos. Slicing against the grain will make the beef more tender.
• Season your steak (we're using a Certified ONYA® Tri Tip here) with taco seasoning or the seasoning of your choice.
• Reverse sear your steak by putting it on the smoker at 225° until it reaches an an internal temperature of 115°
• Sear your steak on the coals (or however you want - over a flame or on cast iron works great too) until an internal temperature of 135°
• After a 10 min rest, slice your steak across the grain into bite size pieces
• Build your nachos with chips, black beans, queso, steak, onions, tomatoes, jalapeño & cilantro
Grab the goods
Shop cuts featured in this recipe