Holiday steak crostinis
One Holiday Appetizer to Rule Them All
If you're tasked with bringing an appetizer this holiday season, we've got you covered. Simple to make and packed with unique flavors, these steak crostinis feature a homemade cranberry onion jam (trust us on this), medium rare steak, horseradish sauce, and chives on a toasted baguette. We used a Certified ONYA® Tri Tip for this recipe, but any tender steak, such as a NY strip, ribeye, sirloin, or picanha, will work great for this appetizer.
Read on for the full recipe ⤵️
Holiday steak crostini appetizer made with Certified ONYA® Tri Tip, cranberry onion jam, horseradish sauce, & chives
Homemade cranberry onion jam with brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, sautéd onions, and dried cranberries
Season your steak (we used a tri tip) with salt & pepper, or your preferred steak seasoning
Cook your steak until medium rare, with an internal temperature of 130º. We reverse-seared this Tri Tip on a Burch Barrel live fire grill.
Slice your medium rare steak into thin slices for this appetizer. If using a tri tip, be sure to slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
Assemble your appetizer starting with the toasted crostinis and a bed of cranberry onion jam
Assemble your appetizer with toasted crostinis, cranberry onion jam, medium rare steak, horseradish sauce, and chives. Pass the plate and enjoy!
Cranberry Onion Jam:
• Dice 2 yellow onions and sauté over medium heat with 2Tbsp butter for 15 minutes (until translucent)
• Add 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• Stir on medium low heat for 30 minutes until jam like consistency
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3 Tablespoon horseradish
• Black pepper to taste
• Cook your cranberry onion jam first
• While that cooks, make your horseradish sauce and season your Certified ONYA® Tri Tip
• Once your jam is done, grill your steak on the Burch Barrel to desired doneness
• While your steak rests, slice your baguette and toast
• To build your crostini. Baguette, cranberry jam, steak, horseradish sauce, chives
Grab the goods
Shop cuts featured in this recipe